Richlin Security Service v. Chertoff
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
Mar 19, 2008
|Jun 2, 2008||TBD||Alito||OT 2007|
Disclosure: Howe & Russell filed an amicus brief in support of the petitioner.
Issue: Whether prevailing parties under the Equal Access to Justice Act should be compensated for the market rate of paralegal services or only for the cost of such services to the attorney.
Judgment: Reversed and remanded, in an opinion by Justice Samuel Alito on June 2, 2008.
- Opinion analysis: Richlin Security v. Chertoff
- Opinion Recap: Richlin Security Service Co. v. Chertoff
- Argument Preview: Richlin Security Service Co. v. Chertoff
Briefs and Documents
- Opinion below (Federal Circuit)
- Petition for certiorari
- Brief in opposition
- Petitioner's reply
- Amicus brief of the National Association of Legal Assistants (in support of petitioner)
Merits briefs (via ABA)
- Brief for Petitioner Richlin Security Service Company
- Brief for Respondent Michael Chertoff, Secretary of Homeland Security
- Reply Brief for Petitioner Richlin Security Service Company