Perry v. Perez
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
Jan 9, 2012
|Jan 20, 2012||9-0||Per Curiam||OT 2011|
Holding: Because it is unclear whether the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas followed the appropriate standards in drawing interim maps for the 2012 Texas elections, the orders implementing those maps are vacated, and the cases are remanded for further proceedings consistent with this opinion.
Judgment: Interim redistricting maps returned for further consideration in a per curiam opinion on January 20, 2012.
- Two primaries in Texas?
- UPDATE: Court rejects Texas maps, delays W.Va. map
- A way out on Texas?
- Argument preview: Texas, the courts, and minority voters
- Is Section 5 on the line right now?
- U.S. joins Texas cases argument
- U.S. opposes Texas election maps
- Texas pushes its election maps
- Texas primary set for April 3
- Some Texas election plans gel
- Texas asks split primaries
- Texas voting in 2012: A three-court puzzle (UPDATED)
- Texas election maps blocked, for now
- What's at stake in Texas election cases
- Texas seeks delay of election maps
Briefs and Documents
Merits Briefs for the Appellants
Amicus Briefs in Support of the Appellants
- Brief for Alabama et al.
- Brief for Congressman Canseco
- Brief for Eagle Forum Education & Legal Defense Fund, Inc.
- Brief for Edward Chen and the Project On Fair Representation
Amicus Briefs in Support of Neither Party
Merits Briefs for the Appellees
- Brief of the Rodriguez Appellees et al.
- Brief of Wendy Davis and League of United Latin American Citizens
- Brief of the Conference of NAACP Branches et al.
- Brief of the Texas Latino Redistricting Task Force et al.
- Supplemental Joint Appendix of the Texas Latino Redistricting Task Force et al.
Amicus Briefs in Support of the Appellees
Jurisdictional-stage briefs and documents
- Stay application for the Texas House of Representatives
- Response to application for the Texas Latino Redistricting Task Force
- Response to application for Mexican American Legislative Caucus et al. (unavailable)
- Response to application for the Texas Democratic Party et al.
- Reply for Rick Perry et al.