Perry v. Davis
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
Jan 9, 2012
|Jan 20, 2012||9-0||Per Curiam||OT 2011|
Holding: Because it is unclear whether the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas followed the appropriate standards in drawing interim maps for the 2012 Texas elections, the orders implementing those maps are vacated, and the cases are remanded for further proceedings consistent with this opinion.
Plain English Summary:
Judgment: Interim redistricting maps returned for further consideration in a per curiam opinion on January 20, 2012.
- Two primaries in Texas? (Lyle Denniston)
- UPDATE: Court rejects Texas maps, delays W.Va. map (Lyle Denniston)
- A way out on Texas? (Lyle Denniston)
- Argument preview: Texas, the courts, and minority voters (Lyle Denniston)
- December grants: In Plain English (Amy Howe)
- Is Section 5 on the line right now? (Lyle Denniston)
- U.S. joins Texas cases argument (Lyle Denniston)
- U.S. opposes Texas election maps (Lyle Denniston)
- Texas pushes its election maps (Lyle Denniston)
- Texas primary set for April 3 (Lyle Denniston)
- Some Texas election plans gel (Lyle Denniston)
- Texas asks split primaries (Lyle Denniston)
- Texas voting in 2012: A three-court puzzle (UPDATED) (Lyle Denniston)
- Texas election maps blocked, for now (Lyle Denniston)
- What's at stake in Texas election cases (Lyle Denniston)
- Texas seeks delay of election maps (Lyle Denniston)
Briefs and DocumentsMerits Briefs for the Appellants
- Brief for Alabama et al.
- Brief for Congressman Canseco
- Brief for Eagle Forum Education & Legal Defense Fund, Inc.
- Brief for Edward Chen and the Project On Fair Representation
- Brief of the Rodriguez Appellees et al.
- Brief of Wendy Davis and League of United Latin American Citizens
- Brief of the Conference of NAACP Branches et al.
- Brief of the Texas Latino Redistricting Task Force et al.
- Supplemental Joint Appendix of the Texas Latino Redistricting Task Force et al.
- Joint Appellees’ Reply Brief as to Interimcongressional Plan