Munaf v. Geren/Geren v. Omar
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
Mar 25, 2008
|Jun 12, 2008||TBD||Roberts||OT 2007|
Judgment: Vacated and remanded, in an opinion by Chief Justice John Roberts on June 12, 2008.
- Commentary: Further Thoughts on Munaf/Omar Oral Argument (Eliza Presson)
- Commentary: A simple argument made confusing (Lyle Denniston)
- Argument preview: Munaf v. Geren/Geren v. Omar (Scotus Staff)
- Court grants six new cases (Lyle Denniston)
Briefs and Documents
- Opinion below (D.C. Circuit)
- Brief for the National Institute of Military Justice in Support of Habeas Petitioners
- Brief for the American Bar Association in Support of Habeas Petitioners
- Brief for Professors of Constitutional Law and of the Federal Courts in Support of Habeas Petitioners
- Brief for the Constitution Project and the Rutherford Insititute in Support of Habeas Petitioners
- Brief for M. Cherif Bassiouni and Other International Law Professors listed Herein in Support of Omar et al., and Munaf et al.
- Brief for Non-Governmental Organizations in Support of Omar et al., and Munaf et al.
- Brief for the Associated Press, the Committee to Protect Journalists, the International Federation of Journalists, Pen American Center, and the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press in Support of Omar et al., and Munaf et al.
- Brief for Former U.S. Diplomats and National Security Specialists in Support of Respondents