McDaniel v. Brown
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
|08-559||9th Cir.||Not Argued||Dec 7, 2009||9-0||Per Curiam||OT 2009|
Issue: Whether, on federal habeas review, the evidence underlying the defendant's conviction for sexual assault was clearly insufficient under Jackson v. Virginia (1979).
Judgment: Reversed and remanded in a per curiam opinion on December 7, 2009.
Briefs and Documents
- Brief for Petitioner E.K. McDaniel, Warden, and the Attorney General of the State of Nevada
- Brief for Respondent Troy Brown
- Reply Brief for Petitioner E.K. McDaniel, Warden, and the Attorney General of the State of Nevada
- Brief for Wayne County, Michigan in Support of Petitioner
- Brief for the Criminal Justice Legal Foundation in Support of Petitioner
- Brief for Michigan, Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Maryland, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, and Wyoming in Support of Petitioner
- Brief for the United States of America in Support of Petitioner
- Brief for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers in Support of Respondent
- Brief for 20 Scholars of Forensic Evidence in Support of Respondent