Health Care Service Corp. v. Pollitt
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
|09-38||7th Cir.||Not Argued||Feb 24, 2010||TBD||Per Curiam||OT 2009|
Issue: Whether the Federal Employees Health Benefits Act, 5 U.S.C. Â§ 8902(m)(1), preempts a state court lawsuit filed against a government contractor administering such benefits.
Plain English Summary:
Judgment: Dismissed according to Rule 46 in a per curiam opinion on February 24, 2010. Settled between the parties.
Briefs and Documents
- Brief for Petitioner Health Care Service Corporation
- Brief for Respondents Julia Pollitt and Michael A. Nash
- Brief for the Association of Federal Health Organizations and Americans Health Insurance Plans, Inc., in Support of Petitioner
- Brief for Aetna, Inc. in Support of Petitioner
- Brief for Alliance Community Health Plans in Support of Petitioner
- Brief for the United States of America in Support of Respondent