Bridge v. Phoenix Bond & Indemnity
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
Apr 14, 2008
|Jun 9, 2008||TBD||Thomas||OT 2007|
Issue: Whether plaintiffs who did not rely on but were nonetheless harmed by false statements made to third parties can establish proximate cause in a civil RICO action.
Judgment: Affirmed, in an opinion by Justice Clarence Thomas on June 9, 2008.
- Opinion Recap: Bridge v. Phoenix Bond & Indemnity Co. (Kevin Russell)
- Court to rule on death penalty for child rape (Lyle Denniston)
Briefs and Documents
- Brief for Petitioner John Bridge, et al.
- Brief for Respondent Phoenix Bond & Indemnity Company, et al.
- Reply Brief for Petitioner John Bridge, et al.
- Brief for the McKesson Corporation in Support of Petitioner
- Brief for the Washington Legal Foundation in Support of Petitioner
- Brief for the Chamber of Commerce of the United States of America in Support of Petitioner
- Brief for the International Association of Insurance Receivers in Support of Respondent
- Brief for the States of Connecticut, Arizona, Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Tennessee in Support of Respondent
- Brief for the United States of America in Support of Respondent